Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me Monday. Won't you join me as I share about some things that did NOT happen to me this past week. If you would like to read some other Not Me Posts head on over to Mckmama's site here.
For some reason it seems as though many of the things that don't happen to me start with this guy. It has a LOT to do with the fact that he is most defninitely...TWO!!


The thought did not cross my mind of letting someone borrow Frappuccino for an extended period this past week after 10 minutes of Mommy torture. He did not pull the foot stool out on my nursing chair while I was not looking. I didn't stand up, not knowing the stool was pulled out, and completely trip and fall on the living room floor while holding Baby Starbuck. Somehow, I managed to catch myself from falling ONTO Baby Starbuck. The reason I had got up so quickly was NOT because Frappuccino had turned the stereo up to its max while I was feeding Baby Starbuck. After tripping and turning the music down I did not go into Frappuccino's room to find him standing by his changing table covered in baby oil/ gel. He had not squeezed the whole bottle out into his cabinet, onto the floor, and all over himself. We did not spend 20 minutes cleaning up this whole mess while Baby Starbuck waited to finish eating. Nope my 2 year old is perfect and would never do such horrible things to his poor mama.
For Mother's Day I did NOT receive a Tahoe has a gift. Please don't think my husband is so cool that he would actually go and purchase such a nice a gift. I had asked for one and it was Not called the Tahoe Outdoor Firebowl. This is Not the Tahoe in action tonight.


While we were using the Tahoe tonight I did not let Frappuccino run around with the nastiest face ever and proceed to take a picture of it. I'm not secretly laughing at all of you that are now forced to look at the excess mucus mixed with ketchup and marshmallows on his face.


During our little campfire I was not worried the whole time about the "water" from our toy roller coaster. I did not forget to remind the Big Latte that Espresso had supposedly urinated on the roller coaster earlier in the weekend and that there was a very high chance the rain water was indeed something else. He did not dump it out and allow our boys to play on the roller coaster and our sweet neighbor girls without scrubbing it down. Oh, the Big Latte did not also catch Espresso almost ready to do a duty, if you know what I mean, by the neighbors house and have to send him in quickly to do it in our potty. Our kids are never too lazy to go inside to use the bathroom. Nope this would not happen to me.
Check back later in the week as I hope to share how a 4 year old takes pictures. This is NOT a sample of what Espresso can do with a camera.
After some coaching, this is NOT one either!!

7 comments:

Missy said...

Cute...I do NOT have one of those 2 year old too!!!! You're above me on the list on MckMama's Mr Linky, so thought I'd drop by. No way I can read 563 NMM posts!!! LOL

Claire said...

Hee - aren't two year olds the funnest?

Cxx

Emily said...

Ha!! Jen, these always make me laugh. Mainly because they look like our weeks too. Tonight I discovered that the girls had played kitchen with real Ritz crackers and had crushed them up everywhere. Oh the cracker dust in their room.....

Esther said...

Wow. What a face! Very similar to when we have outdoor fires at our house. That fire pot looks awesome!

Heather@WoolandFlax said...

Love the pictures, and I'm so jealous of that mother's day gift...very cool! I have to say that I'm right with you on the messy two's. It often feels like I have to give Jackson a bath every time he goes outside. Have fun!

Kelly said...

Hi. I found your blog through a comment you left on MckMama's site. You asked about bananas and avocados. There's no need to run them through a food processer. You can easily just mash them with a fork.

With my daughter I just gave her chunks of them starting at 6 months. Even without teeth she could gum on them. It's a process called baby led weaning that allows the child to feed themselves. It's messy but we didn't have to do any transitioning from mushy foods to real food

Kelly said...

My two year old always got into trouble too when I was nursing her little sister. She took full advantage of the fact that she knew i wouldn't get up from the couch.